RedFlag, Allegation and/or Complaint against RICHARD JOHN ARTURA
Disclosure #1 for RICHARD ARTURA
- Event Date: 4/21/2002
- Disclosure Type: Customer Dispute
- Disclosure Resolution: Settled
- Disclosure Detail :: Allegations: AGUST 1998 APPLICANT APPLIED FOR LIFE INSURANCE COVERAGE. SEPT 1998 COVERAGE WAS APPROVED. OCT 1998 NEW PLICY PAGES MAILED TO CLIENT. AUGUST 1999 APPLICANT WAS SHOT & KILLED BY POLICE. NOVE 1999 FORTIS DENIED THE CLAIM. FEB 2002 I WAS SERVED A SUBPOENA TO TURNOVER ANY DOCUMENTS TO PLAINTIFF. APRIL 21, 2002 I WAS SERVED IN A LAWSUIT WITH FORTIS ALLEGING CONSUMER FRAUD AND NEGLIGENCE.
- Damage Amount Requested: $50,000.00
- Settlement Amount: $10,000.00
- Arbitration Docket Number:
- Broker Comment: APPLICANT DID NOT DISCLOSE VITAL INFORMATION TO ME OF FORTIS ABOUT HIS HEALTH. THE APPLICANT WAS SHOT AND KILLED BY POLICE 1 YEAR LATER. FORTIS COMPLETED AN INVESTIGATION AND DETERMINED THE APPLICANT HAD MADE A MATERIAL MISREPRESENTATION. FORTIS DENIED THE CLAIM. THE BENEFICIARY, THE PLAINTIFF, BROUGHT A LAWSUIT AGAINST ME AND FORTIS FOR CONSUMER FRAUD AND NEGLIGENCE. AS AN AGENT I COMPLETED MY INTERVIEW WITH THE APPLICANT TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND MET THE STANDARD OF CARE AND PROCEDURE. SUBJECT TO A CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE SETTLEMENT DISMISSED THE CASE, NEVER WAS A JURY TRIAL.
Should I file a FINRA complaint against brokers like RICHARD JOHN ARTURA?
Many investors (presumably, like yourself) are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages. You may suffer significant losses at the hands of your financial advisors’ misconduct, such as if they misrepresented or failed to disclose the risks associated with a particular investment, recommended frequent trades for the sole purpose of generating commissions, or used high-pressure tactics to make a sale. The rules and regulations of securities laws and FINRA policies are complex, and investment loss claims require an extensive understanding of securities arbitration to achieve the best possible results.
Frequently Asked Questions About RICHARD JOHN ARTURA
What is RICHARD ARTURA's Central Registration Depository (CRD) Number?
Which firm is RICHARD JOHN ARTURA associated with?
Where is RICHARD ARTURA located?
Where can I find more details about RICHARD ARTURA's Investment Firm?
Are there any disclosures, allegations or complaints filed against RICHARD JOHN ARTURA?
Where can I download a detailed FINRA report for RICHARD ARTURA?
Is it safe to do business with RICHARD JOHN ARTURA?
All information displayed on this page is publicly available information under SEC guidelines, in compliance with 5 U.S.C. § 552 (Freedom of Information Act) and 5 U.S.C. § 552a (the Privacy Act) and is published unmodified, as provided by FINRA. BrokerAudit.com does not modify the data and makes no claims regarding its accuracy, nor will entertain any request to remove any entry. The inclusion of a person or entity in the BrokerAudit Database is not intended to suggest or imply that they have engaged in illegal or improper conduct related to FINRA. BrokerAudit.com intends to offer a platform where suspicious activities can be shared and discussed in a secure environment.
Originally reported on November 17, 2022 @ 9:44 pm